Native Circle Touch the Earth Festival Events
We are very excited about this year’s All-Star Line-up of Performers and Presenters for the 4th Native Circle Touch the Earth Festival!
(Scroll down for the full event schedule, directions and a map to the Park)
Head-lining this year’s all-star line-up are performances from the Native American Music Award (NAMMY ™) winning CORN BRED, Central New York’s only Native American Rhythm and Blues Band, along with fellow NAMMY ™ winners THE STORYTELLERS, the THUNDER HAWK SINGERS, NAMMY ™ nominees OWL & DOVE and JONNY LIPFORD, as well as local favorites, GYPSY RED, and Michelle Johnson’s AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE DANCE INTERPRETATION.
The Talking Stick Teaching Circle will again feature educational programming for the entire family:
- THE PEOPLE OF THE STANDING STONE IROQUOIS SOCIAL DANCERS from the Oneida Nation
- Mary Gillen’s REIKI FOR ANIMALS & PEOPLE
- Nancy Kaiser’s multi-media WILD SPRING EDIBLES interactive workshop
- Laura K. Vannah’s TOTEM SPIRITS WORKSHOP
- A Native American pre-contact campsite complete with wigwam and Native garb of that era by Richard and Leslie LaCrosse of Pulaski
- There might even be a Lacrosse demonstration and game!
Along with these diverse and talented performers and presenters, the Festival provides numerous educational children’s activities at the Children’s Activity Area.
There will be lots of refreshments, while Native Artists vend their Arts & Crafts.
Held at historic Mexico Point Park, in Mexico NY, it is free to the public and will once again feature award-winning music, entertainment, storytelling, educational presentations, food, arts & crafts vendors, and more.